Conceptual Self Portrait

MASIL: shot on iPhone

Critique

Conceptual: relating to or based on ideas/mental concepts

Reflection

I chose to take a picture of my softball glove for this assignment due to its major influence on my life and me as a person. I have been playing for as long as I can remember and it was my most favorite part about my childhood. I was able to make lifelong friends and relationships through this sport. Softball has also allowed me to travel a lot which I am thankful for as well. There were so many summers spent at random hotels for tournaments, but I wouldn’t change it for the world because of all the memories I made and the moments I enjoyed with my teammates.

Softball has also helped mold me into the person and athlete I am today. I was always very shy when I was younger, but softball helped me develop self-confidence and allowed me to step out of my comfort zone. I have grown so much as a person due to this sport and have developed lasting principles as well such as hard work and determination.

Cindy Sherman

Film Still Series

I chose this photo for my critique because I enjoy the look of film. I like the outfit that she chose and the pose as well, it helps portray emotion. I also think that Cindy Sherman becoming famous for only self-portraits is a huge accomplishment. From the self-portrait assignment we recently did I realized how hard it is to take a picture of yourself when you have no idea how you look. The attention to detail in her photos is incredible and it looks as if someone posed her when in reality she did it by herself.